The Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia (AACCGP) is seeking a full-time, highly motivated and dynamic individual interested in growing a highly visible small organization. The President & CEO (“President”) will report to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the successful leadership, management and administration of the organization in accordance with the vision and mission set by the Board of Directors. The President oversees the overall strategic and operational responsibilities of the AACCGP’s staff, programs, and advocacy.
In addition, the President is responsible for the following functions:
- Identifying and developing policy positions, that drive awareness on issues impacting Asian American businesses within Philadelphia and surrounding counties.
- Partnering with local government and advocating for laws and ordinances that promote economic growth among Asian American businesses.
- Identifying common needs among local small business owners and arranging lectures, workshops and training seminars on different management issues and opportunities.
- Organizing regular social events that offer AACCGP members a platform to network and share their information and ideas.
- Engaging and energizing AACCGP volunteers, board members, event committees, partner organizations, and funders.
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting a strong Board of Directors by serving as exofficio of each committee, to promote strategic direction for AACCGP operations.
- Coaching, developing, and evaluating AACCGP staff.
- Expanding revenue generation and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and develop new programming.
- All other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate would be someone with a Bachelors’ Degree and at least 10 years of experience managing a business or economic development nonprofit organization. They will also have a track record of effectively leading and scaling outcome-based organizations and staff.
Deadline to apply: May 21, 2021
Learn more about the position, including further qualifications and how to apply, below.