PIDC IS WAIVING APPLICATION FEES ON ALL BUSINESS LOANS! If you’re looking to expand, hire staff, buy equipment, or need help with cashflow, PIDC can help. Apply now through August 31st. To take advantage of this hot summer special, visit www.pidcphila.com/financing/business-loans
The City of Philadelphia is OPEN for BUSINESS! You can view the attached solicitations in their entirety on either eContract Philly or PHLContracts contracting portals, however, in order to respond to solicitations, you must register in the contracting portal(s). If you are a certified MBE, WBE. DSBE or DBE firms, please register in our OEO Registry (URL: https://phila.mwdsbe.com/) TODAY to ensure that you receive email notifications when we are soliciting for services that are within your business’ capabilities and classification(s). Registration is FREE or our two contracting portals and our OEO Registry. To view and learn about various types of contracting opportunities with the City of Philadelphia, I would encourage you to visit the following websites:
- eContractPhilly (URL: https://secure.phila.gov/econtract/): Personal and professional services
- PHLContracts (URL: https://www.phlcontracts.phila.gov/bso/): Construction and related trades; services, supplies and equipment
- City’s RFP website (URL: https://www.phila.gov/RFP/pages/default.aspx): For-profit and nonprofit contracting opportunities
- Small Contracts Big Ideas (URL: https://bigideasphl.com/): Contracts valued at less than $34,000 are often posted to agency websites. Vendors can also find opportunities here.
- The Montgomery County Housing Authority (MCHA) will receive sealed proposals electronically via the PennBid Program (www.PennBid.net) to perform environmental engineering and monitoring services for its existing and potentially expanding real estate portfolio. Proposals will be received until 2:00 PM, prevailing time on Friday, September 6, 2019. No proposals will be received thereafter. MCHA will only accept proposals submitted electronically via the PennBid Program. Proposal documents, including specifications and solicitation details are only available online, for no cost, at PennBid – www.PennBid.net as of Friday, August 16, 2019. A non-mandatory, Pre-Proposal Meeting is scheduled for 10:00 A.M., prevailing time on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at Cherry Court, 104 W. Main Street, Suite 1, Norristown, PA 19401. Site visits will immediately follow. ALL questions related to this opportunity should directed to: Montgomery County Housing Authority Bid Management- Ms. Becky Schaeffer, Tel (610) 326-7332, Email: email@example.com
- The City of Philadelphia’s Free Library is seeking respondents to the below mentioned Small Order Purchases to provide Landscaping Services for various locations. You can view full solicitations via PHLContracts, however if you wish to respond to these solicitations (Bid Nos. B2006487, B2006486, B2006485 and B2006484) you must register in PHLContracts (URL: https://www.phlcontracts.phila.gov/bso/). If your firm is certified as MBE/WBE/DSBE it is strongly encourage the register in the OEO Registry at the following link: https://phila.mwdsbe.com/?TN=phila
- Temple University’s Small Business Development Center is now enrolling for their Construction Management Series! About the CMC:This course aims to help construction companies develop business management skills. Participants who complete the series will earn a Special Certificate of Completion from the Temple University Fox School of Business and the Small Business Development Center. This program is a ideal for:
- Start Up Contractors
- Companies > 4 years
- Novice Construction Managers
- Register here: https://noncredit.temple.edu/public/category/courseCategoryCertificateProfile.do?method=load&certificateId=6512623 The Construction Management Certificate Series is a 9-month series of classes designed to provide business management tools to existing and aspiring independent contractors. Participants who complete the series will earn a Special Certificate of Completion from the Temple University Fox School of Business and the Small Business Development Center. Who should attend: Start-up Contractors, New companies (up to 4 years in business), Novice construction managers. The 9-month series of classes covers the following topics: Team Building and Baseline Assessment, Construction Blue Prints, Methods & Materials, OSHA Regulations for Contractors, Quantity Take-Off & Cost Estimating, Project Scheduling & Budgeting, Accounting, Loans, Contract Administration & Control, Contract Law, Pre-Business, Bonding & Insurance. Attendance: Attendance is mandatory for all sessions. However, we realize that due to unforeseen circumstances participants are required to complete 80% of all sessions in order to receive a certificate of completion. If you have any questions about CMC please contact the training department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 215 204-3856.