The Philadelphia Department of Commerce is seeking proposals for a Commercial Real Estate Acquisition Loan Fund. The Fund will fund one or more financial institutions’ establishment and operation of a revolving loan fund to support the acquisition of commercial and mixed-use property by community development organizations and small business owners. The selected institution will be tasked with outreach and marketing of the program and with providing robust technical assistance to borrowers. The Fund will allow small business owners and community development organizations to purchase properties that may otherwise be out of reach because of financial barriers.
The Fund may make provision for a grant to be given with each loan to provide immediate equity to the borrowers. The Fund will have inclusive underwriting criteria to ensure that small business owners who may not meet standard underwriting standards, but are otherwise financially stable, can purchase a permanent location for their business and an equity accruing asset. It will allow community development organizations to purchase and develop commercial and mixed-use properties and patiently preserve affordable commercial space to start and grow small businesses within their communities.
- The posting and application instructions can be found here, the opportunity number is 21190624105645.
- Release Date: November 18th, 2019
- BRIEFING HELD: Room 18022, 18th Floor 1515 Arch St. December 3rd, 2019 @ 11:30 am
- DEADLINE FOR QUESTIONS: December 10th, 2019
- RESPONSE DEADLINE: January 13th, 2020 5:00 pm
- Please contact Liam Kelly Fleming with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Port of Philadelphia is hiring for two positions: Project Engineer and Ports & Maritime Project Manager:
- Project Engineer: PhilaPort has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our team as part of the Port Administration Engineering Department located in Philadelphia, PA. The successful candidate will support our mission by providing engineering, technical, planning and management, logistics, and administrative support for our facilities. The deadline to apply is Thursday, December 5th. Learn more about the position and how to apply on the PhilaPort website.
- Ports and Maritime Project Manager: PhilaPort has an exciting opportunity for a Ports and Maritime Project Manager to join our team as part of the Port Administration Operations/Engineering Department located in Philadelphia, PA. The successful candidate will support our mission by providing engineering, technical, planning and management, and administrative support for Operations and Engineering Departments. The deadline to apply is Friday, December 13th. Learn more about the position and how to apply on the PhilaPort website.
The City of Philadelphia is OPEN for BUSINESS! You can view the attached solicitations in their entirety on either eContract Philly or PHLContracts contracting portals, however, in order to respond to solicitations, you must register in the contracting portal(s). If you are a certified MBE, WBE. DSBE or DBE firms, please register in our OEO Registry (URL: https://phila.mwdsbe.com/) TODAY to ensure that you receive email notifications when we are soliciting for services that are within your business’ capabilities and classification(s). Registration is FREE or our two contracting portals and our OEO Registry. To view and learn about various types of contracting opportunities with the City of Philadelphia, we encourage you to visit the following websites:
- eContractPhilly: Personal and professional services
- PHLContracts: Construction and related trades; services, supplies and equipment
- City’s RFP website: For-profit and nonprofit contracting opportunities
- Small Contracts Big Ideas: Contracts valued at less than $34,000 are often posted to agency websites. Vendors can also find opportunities here.
The City of Philadelphia’s Free Library is seeking respondents to the below mentioned Small Order Purchases to provide Landscaping Services for various locations. You can view full solicitations via PHLContracts, however if you wish to respond to these solicitations (Bid Nos. B2006487, B2006486, B2006485 and B2006484) you must register in PHLContracts. If your firm is certified as MBE/WBE/DSBE it is strongly encourage the register in the OEO Registry at the following link: https://phila.mwdsbe.com/?TN=phila
Temple University’s Small Business Development Center is now enrolling for their Construction Management Series! About the CMC: This course aims to help construction companies develop business management skills. Participants who complete the series will earn a Special Certificate of Completion from the Temple University Fox School of Business and the Small Business Development Center. This program is a ideal for:
- Start Up Contractors
- Companies > 4 years
- Novice Construction Managers
- Register here: The Construction Management Certificate Series is a 9-month series of classes designed to provide business management tools to existing and aspiring independent contractors. Participants who complete the series will earn a Special Certificate of Completion from the Temple University Fox School of Business and the Small Business Development Center.
- Who should attend: Start-up Contractors, New companies (up to 4 years in business), Novice construction managers. The 9-month series of classes covers the following topics: Team Building and Baseline Assessment, Construction Blue Prints, Methods & Materials, OSHA Regulations for Contractors, Quantity Take-Off & Cost Estimating, Project Scheduling & Budgeting, Accounting, Loans, Contract Administration & Control, Contract Law, Pre-Business, Bonding & Insurance. Attendance: Attendance is mandatory for all sessions. However, we realize that due to unforeseen circumstances participants are required to complete 80% of all sessions in order to receive a certificate of completion. If you have any questions about CMC please contact the training department via email at email@example.com or via phone at 215 204-3856.