Philadelphia, PA – The Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia applauds the City of Philadelphia for passing the “Business Owners’ Bill of Rights” and taking a step forward in improving relationships between the government and businesses in the city.
AACCGP has been working on pushing this bill forward since the spring along with a coalition of chambers, including the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia and their PHL Neighborhood Growth Project, African-American Chamber of Commerce of PA, NJ, & DE, the Greater Northeast Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, the Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
The Business Owners’ Bill of Rights will ensure the following protections for business owners:
- The right to transparent, fair and consistent application of rules;
- The right to timely responses to inquiries;
- The right to receive guidance from the Office of Business Services;
- The right to review;
- The right to language access; and
- The right to polite, professional and respectful conduct.
Learn more about the Bill on the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia’s website and how we hope the bill will help reduce poverty in the city by encouraging small business growth and development.