Recently, small businesses have been dealing with the ongoing impact of the pandemic, social unrest, and environmental events. Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned small businesses have been some of the hardest hit. According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, between February and April 2020, the number of active Black-owned businesses declined by 41%, Latinx-owned businesses declined by 32%, and Asian-owned businesses dropped by 25%, versus just 21% for the general population. Comcast RISE was created to invest in the success of these critical businesses by providing valuable and practical support.
The Comcast RISE Program has five main components:
- Consulting: Advertising and marketing consultations with local Effectv marketing, research, and creative teams to gain insights on how to grow your business.
- Media: A linear TV media schedule, over a 90-day period.
- Creative Production: Turnkey production of a 30-second TV commercial, plus a media strategy consultation and 90-day media placement schedule.
- Technology Makeover: Computer equipment and Internet, Voice and Cybersecurity services for 12 months. (Taxes and other fees may still apply for tech makeover services.)
- Monetary Grant: Beginning March 1, $10,000 Monetary grants. Click here to learn more.
- 500 grants totaling $5 million will be distributed as follows:
- 100 small businesses in each city
- Each business will receive a $10,000 monetary grant
- Application period is March 1-14, 2021.
- Grants will be announced at the end of April 2021 and awarded in May 2021.