The coronavirus is having a tremendous impact on the economy. Particularly hard hit are small businesses and non-profits that rely on physical engagement. Many of these have had to switch their models as best they can, coordinating by phone or through remote work. For some, going digital is a lifeline to survive. However, the business may not have the time, knowledge or resources to implement a digital model quickly.
The Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) at Temple University is offering no cost digital services to small businesses and non-profits. Each project using a digital triage approach will quickly perform one or all of needs analysis, identification of relevant resources, implementation, training, and remote operation.
The digital services include but are not limited to:
- Create or modify a website to improve the business or non-profit
- Create or modify a digital storefront to enhance ecommerce (e.g., list the top 50 things that are available)
- Implement or modify a scheduling system (e.g., a repair business or delivery for the above)
- Remote work (e.g., procedures and tools for staff to work off-site)
- Consultation and technology to take your existing operation digital
We can assist on most digital tools and resources that are available on the cloud/web. Onsite hardware and software installation and configuration is not feasible given the current environment. The focus is on helping existing businesses or non-profits who have experienced problems.
We can work with you directly or in partnership with Temple’s Small Business Development Center (SDBC), which is an excellent resource for general business assistance (see below).
To get started please answer the following questions and contact us at email@example.com.
- Organization description
- Digital issue or problem
- Website link (if applicable)
- Approximate number of customers/clients/users (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Approximate number of products/services
We reserve the right to select and work on a limited set of projects.
About Temple SBDC
The SBDC is an outreach center of the Fox School of Business and Management at Temple University that has been serving Philadelphia and the surrounding communities since 1983. Their mission is to provide entrepreneurs and small business owners with the knowledge needed to make smart decisions and prosper. Temple SBDC provides no-cost consulting services and educational programs to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow their small business, working with entrepreneurs in confidential, one-to-one sessions to help them with a range of business issues including testing a new business proposition, shaping a business plan, investigating funding opportunities, and much more.