LISC Announces $10,000 Grants Through Partnership With Verizon
The Verizon-LISC COVID-19 Recovery Fund was created to provide grant support to help address immediate financial impacts due to the pandemic. Grants are available up to $10,000 and can be used for things like rent, payroll, utilities, and vendor payments.
Click here to access the application. Your application must be completed by Saturday, April 4th, 11:59 p.m. ET.
Please keep the following in mind:
- Each awardee is limited to one grant per tax ID. You will need this ID to complete the application.
- Eligibility is based on accurate and complete submission, including all required documents uploaded.
- Your application must be completed by Saturday, April 4th, 11:59 p.m. ET.
LISC will be offering an Instagram Live webinar in Spanish at 2pm on Thursday. They hope to add a webinar in Chinese as well (more information to follow). Please follow @lisc_philly on Instagram for updates and to view the live stream.
Email email@example.com for questions and troubleshooting.
$7 Million in Grant Funds Announced For Childcare Providers
In order to ensure that the early childhood education sector remains stable and able to emerge from this crisis, the William Penn Foundation has committed $5 million to support a new emergency fund for early learning organizations. Vanguard’s Strong Start for Kids Program has committed an additional $2 million to the fund.
- The Philadelphia Emergency Fund for Stabilization of Early Education (PEFSEE) will support organizations that provide early learning for children from birth to age five.
- Childcare, family childcare, pre-k, and home visiting programs in Philadelphia are eligible.
- Providers of these programs can request assistance to sustain basic expenses, support new methods of helping families during the closure period, and support future needs required to re-open.
- At this time, organizations may request a maximum of $20,000. Depending on available funding and demonstrated need, organizations may have an opportunity to apply for additional funding in the future. PEFSEE will alert applicants and potential applicants if a second round of applications will be accepted.
- PEFSEE will be administered by Reinvestment Fund, which will review applications and grant awards on a weekly basis. Reinvestment Fund is rapidly working to set up the application process. In the meantime those wishing to learn more can visit https://www.reinvestment.com/pefsee/
Emergency Relief Funds from the Merchants Fund
The Merchants Fund will soon launch an Emergency Relief Fund, providing grants up to $5000 for small businesses in Philadelphia. Given the limited funding available, the application will be by invitation only. We will be prioritizing businesses owned by immigrants, people of color, and women, as well as those in historically underserved communities and who have had less access to – or challenges accessing – other grant and loan programs. Eligibility will be limited to businesses with annual revenue under $500k and 10 or fewer employees. Invitations to apply will be sent to past TMF grantees who fit the funding priorities and to businesses identified by our partners.
More information will be made available on their website in the coming days.