The Merchant’s Fund will be begin to accept applications to provide grants to small, independently-owned businesses in historically disadvantaged communities that have suffered property damage, vandalism or inventory losses during the recent civil unrest. Grants will be made up to $10,000 depending on the extent of damage and needs of the business.
Eligibility: Businesses must:
- Occupy a storefront, retail, or commercial space physically located in Philadelphia. This includes kiosks.
- Have experienced more than $500 in damage during civil unrest between May 30, 2020 and time of application.
- Be independently-owned; franchises are eligible only if independently-owned.
- Earn annual revenue of less than $2 million at the impacted location.
- Be in compliance with all local, state, and federal taxes (or on an approved payment plan).
- Have required federal, state, and local licenses and permits to legally operate.
Program Priorities: Due to limited funding, the Restore and Reopen grant program will prioritize businesses that:
- Are located in historically disadvantaged communities.
- Employ local residents.
The Fund will begin accepting applications on Monday, June 22nd after 1:00 PM and will be open under Sunday, June 28th.